The maintenance of the open spaces in this village is a very costly business for the Parish Council and,but for the commitment and ongoing hard work of a few residents,cost pressures would likely result in increases in local Council Tax.Did you know that a few men in our village are saving us thousands of pounds every year? From as early as March,through to November they cut grass on:
- The Playground area on the Recreation Ground
- Both Village Greens
- The Bowling Greens
- The Bowling Green at the Carter Institute
- All grass on the non road side of the Brook from the Tavern to The Carter Institute
- The roadside grass both sides of Main St from the Tavern to the Post Office
- The roadside grass from the Football Club to High House (except Windmill Barn who cut their own frontage)
Weather permitting, they do this on a weekly basis and,given recent weather conditions this must have been quite a challenge!!
So who are these unsung heroes to whom we are indebted?
Glyn James-Co ordinator
Peter Farley - Clive Clark - Giles Haughton - Craig Godfrey - Phil Smith - Andrew Bradley .............and there is someone else that we must not forget....Patrick Edwards who keeps the Recreation Ground grass cut regularly to make it a pleasant place to play and walk.
On your behalf and particularly on behalf of the Parish Council we need to say a huge thank you to these wonderful people.
SINCERE THANKS TO YOU ALL.
Should any of you be prepared to give 2 or 3 hours per week on a rota basis (about 5 times a year) to help with this enormous task ,Glyn would be happy to hear from you. Full operator training is given before any new volunteer uses the mower.
Clerk to the Parish Council